Professional Memory Care Community in Chicago, IL
When it comes to the health of your loved ones, there’s no need to settle for less than they deserve. Lexington Square offers residents with Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias a safe haven that they can call home.
Located in the quaint village of Lombard, IL, our licensed and secure memory care neighborhood feature a highly-qualified team of memory care specialists professionally trained to work with individuals with Alzheimer’s and various forms of dementia. Our staff of resident partners and nurses are not the only ones trained to deal with such conditions here at Lexington Square. Truth be told, just about everyone in our community is trained to understand and support the unique needs of our residents.
Lexington Square Memory Care Program
The Lexington Square Memory Care program is a specialized dimension of our care – on a licensed and secure floor – for residents with Alzheimer’s disease and/or other types of memory impairment. We create meaningful days that improve quality of life in every way possible. Our focus is on interacting with residents in ways that promote engagement, self-esteem and overall wellness. We also offer spaces, designed with a therapeutic intent, that promote socialization and enrichment.
Our compassionate care team has completed extensive training in Alzheimer’s and other related dementia issues, as well as twelve hours of the Best Friends™ Education – grounded in the philosophy of relationship-based interactions as the model of care.
Memory Care Program Highlights
- Assistance with daily needs, including medications administered by nurses.
- Comprehensive assessment by our team before admission to determine appropriate level of support services
- Family Care Conferences, educational and social programs
- Residential living setting that promotes socialization
- Individualized care plan including components for unique relationship-based interactions
- A comprehensive activities and wellness program
- Resident Partner, caregiving staff which provides highly personalized support focusing on independence
- Life Stories tool that helps us understand the uniqueness of each resident
- Calendar of upcoming events and support-focused events for families
- Town Center Club that includes planned large group leisure activities
- The Clubhouse that offers more individualized support in smaller group setting
- Spa with therapy space and Beauty shop