Valued Lexington Health Network Residents, Patients and Families,
The purpose of this communication is to provide you with a brief description of the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (“Coronavirus” or “COVID-19”) and to inform you about the additional measures Lexington Health Network (“LHN”) is taking to keep our residents, patients, families, vendors, and employees safe as the Coronavirus continues to spread across the globe.
Per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (“CDC”), the Coronavirus is an outbreak of respiratory disease caused by a novel (new) coronavirus that was first detected in China and which has now been detected in 60 locations internationally, including the United States. Risk factors for severe illness, from COVID-19, are not yet clear, although older patients and those with chronic medical conditions may be at higher risk for severe illness.
Despite the Coronavirus being “new”, it is important for you to know that our staff receives consistent training, along with established policies and procedures, on how to prevent a potential exposure. In addition to LHN’s already established policies and procedures, the following precautionary measures have been implemented:
- Precautionary Screening of Visitors. Visitor admission will be restricted for any of the following:
- Display of respiratory symptoms or feeling ill
- Travel history to any “Level 3” Country (as defined by the CDC)
- Recent exposure to anyone with respiratory symptoms (or feeling ill) and/or travel history to any “Level 3” Country (as defined by the CDC)
- At the discretion of Facility Administration
- Children, 12 and under, are restricted until further notice.
- Visitors will be required to cleanse their hands with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Constant communication with our various health care partners
In addition to these precautionary measures, our team of highly skilled medical and clinical professionals closely monitor any new guidance provided by various domestic and/or international agencies, such as the CDC or World Health Organization.
We will continue to keep you informed. Thank you for your cooperation.
Martin A. Cauz Karim Yunez, MD
Chief Executive Officer Chief Medical Officer