March 20, 2020
Dear Valued Patients, Residents and Family Members,
Thank you for your patience and cooperation as we diligently continue our precautions against the Coronavirus (COVID-19) throughout Lexington Health Network. While most have been supportive and complied with our precautions, we appeal to those of you who still question the need for these government-mandated measures.
Our top priority is, and always has been, the health and wellbeing of our patients, residents, and our employees. To assure our success, the following measures are in place:
- We continue to monitor and implement guidelines and mandates from the CDC and the American Health Care Association (“AHCA”) which include restricting access for non-essential visitors (except for end-of-life situations). Essential visitors and staff are being screened before entering our buildings.
- Despite these unprecedented times, our Lexington staff continues to be committed to delivering the most compassionate, high-quality, and personalized experiences to those we serve; and we are keeping families connected via telephone and video chats.
- To further boost morale, we are planning a social media campaign in which the community can create messages for patients, residents and staff. For details, follow our Lexington Health Network Facebook page as well as our Lexington Squares (Official) Facebook page.
- In adherence with CMS and CDC guidelines, we have cancelled all in-person group activities and communal dining. In response, we are providing alternate types of activities; and are now serving meals to patients and residents in their rooms or apartments. Please note: special consideration has been given to those individuals requiring a higher level of supervision or assistance with dining.
- At Lexington Square of Lombard, we have extended hours in the Founder’s Café from 12:00pm – 6:00pm and at Lexington Square of Elmhurst, the Market Café is open from 11:00am – 4:00pm. During that time, we are offering menu selection as pick-up items only.
We thank you for your continued cooperation and support, and will continue to keep you informed. For updates, please visit our website at www.lexingtonhealth.com.
Stay safe and be well.
Martin A. Cauz
Chief Executive Officer
Karim Yunez, MD
Chief Medical Officer